Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tag: Gateway Anime

Hey I decided to create a tag for the anime community. Basically this tag ask what is the very first anime that you watched?

You may start with Pokemon or even Dragon Ball Z but I just want to know when you are introduced to the anime genre.

For me, I could honestly say I don't know what my first anime is. I know it's stupid for me to create this tag if I can't remember but understand that I had a lifelong friendship with anime. I lived in the Philippines in my early years and they have been broadcasting Japanese anime for decades. It is safe to assume that I have been watching anime even before I knew that Japan existed.



The earliest animes I could remember watching are:
Princess Sarah

Wedding Peach
Speed Racer

Flame of Recca

Lupin III
Voltes Five.

Well, those are the earliest animes I could remember. It may seem a lot but understand that in the Philippines, anime is the after school cartoons. Right after school I would be in front of the television watching these animes. It should also be noted that they only show one episode every week.

Disclaimer: All media used in this review is used for nostalgia purposes only.

No comments:

Post a Comment